Thursday, March 4, 2004

Sleep and Other Things

Sleep is an excellent thing, it changes your perspective on the whole world. I spent roughly fifty percent of last night studying, and so find myself severely lacking sleep today. So, although I should be having a perfectly good day (passed Natural Sciences and almost beat Dave), I'm not. I'm unhappy. And all for a little sleep.

Just a "btw": Bryan and I had our house inspection today, and now have the closing scheduled for eight days from now.... I'm seriously anticipating this.

Just looking at my comment above about beating Dave: Does this indicate that I am enormously too competitive? Really though, it's one of only two ways that I can motivate myself. (The other being desire for something, material or immaterial.) Is that just pride? Or is it healthy? I'm not sure.

The other day I was commenting on placing blame on yourself or others. I watched The Apprentice (the best reality show, btw) just now. It truly typifies that concept. Two people, near the beginning were fired for not standing up for themselves, for accepting responsibility. While that appears noble, it can also give off the impression of guilt. Tonight, a person was fired who put everyone off by continually finding excuses and placing blame. I'm thinking more and more that both are equally bad habits.

Question of the day: Do those that look inward tend to become Calvinists and those that look outward become Arminian?

No comments: