Sunday, February 15, 2004

About This Blog

As I sit down, having never previously written a blog entry, I am full of good intentions for this project. Of course, we all know where good intentions will take us. I persist in having them nonetheless.

The purposes of this blog:

1) Commentary upon all the material that I consume, be it books, movies, television, or music.

2) Commentary upon the events of my life. Because I assume that someone, somewhere cares. (And yes, I know what assumptions do to.)

3) An occasional output for my serious writing.

4) A way to get reaction from those that I know.

Hopefully, it will fulfill all these purposes. Probably, it will not. But hope is a virtue, so, let's hang on to it for as long as we can.

If those topics look as if they are of any interest, you might be interested in the person whose commentary you are reading. I am, and intend to remain, Kevin Faulk. I have lived (essentially) the whole of my life in Austin, Texas, though I do travel in the country with some frequency. I have been an attorney for almost a year now, and I still lack a practice, in the truest sense of that word. I remain a student and am taking aim at a masters in literature, hopefully from the University of Texas.

You will find in my commentary that I will often take that which is distinctly secular and spiritualize it. This is for a reason. If I know one thing, it is that everything that we do and watch and learn must be put in context of theology. Everything began with God, and everything that is somehow reflects on Him. Hopefully my muddled thoughts will be of some benefit to someone, somewhere.

No comments: